Contribute a cultivar
Do you have access to a heritage cultivar we could add to our database? You can help expand our ability to identify trees for others, and to explore the relatedness of heritage apple cultivars.
Step 1 : Tell us about your tree
We'd love to hear about your heritage apple tree.
Tell us a few things to help us decide whether it's a candidate for our genetic library:
• Is it missing from our , or marked as "needing more samples"?
• Better yet, is it on our ?
• Is it a cultivar grown in the past in Ontario with some frequency?
(We can check this for you if you don't know)
• How confident are you of its identity, and why?
• Do you know where your specimen originated?
(e.g. as a cutting from a particular supplier, or as a tree from a nursery)
• Are you willing to send us some leaves?
Send us an email () with the answers to these questions, and we'll let you know if we can use your specimen.
Step 2 : Collect and send some leaves
Assuming your tree is a candidate for our dataset, we'll mail a collecting kit to you.
Once you have the kit, just follow steps 2 to 5 of the . There will be no fee.